Sunday, November 16, 2008

G.O.F. Uh, What the ?!?! Is That?

What the heck is G.O.F.?? Well, like any good little student, I looked it up. Apparently it can mean Gang of Four (some type of design stuff), Gathering of the Faithful (MG car enthusiasts), or even Goblet of Fire (yup, Harry Potter clip). It could be Geographers on Film (truly, this page looks as dry as a desert, and I *like* science), Guest Observer Facility (another science link, but it's space stuff!), or British Gof (some sort of funky looking performance theater, gotta check that out).

But in this case? What does G.O.F. mean according to the Garren family? Simple.

Green.
Onion.
Farts.

Alright, alright. I know your eyes are watering at the thought, but hang with me for a minute, even though G.O.F. could now stand for Gross. Out. Friends. (or for me and Kate, who were the recipients of the wafting green veil, Gag. Our. Family.).
I don't know whether it was the Lunchables nachos or the Snyder's Honey Mustard & Onion Pretzel Pieces or something that crawled inside him and died (sorry, but if the phrase fits...), but that kid Gassed. Our. Feminine-sensibilites. James and Kate have both been unduly fascinated with saying FART lately, partly to see if Mom will object (until I was in high school, I thought "fart" was the f-word because my mother has a fit if anyone says that word instead of "poot" or "toot" or anything besides "fart"). Their fascination with farting includes letting 'em rip to amuse friends, as well as making up phrases like "It's the fart of the day!"
When they were little, I could understand all the giggles and potty humor. In fact, I about doubled over laughing one day when I saw a three year old James sitting over the hole created in the party pit couch when you put down the armrest and let out the recliner. I had to ask, didn't I? His answer to "what are you doing?" was priceless. "Gassing. I had to gas, so I left it inside the couch." Nope, not to many of us wanted to sit in that spot of the couch for a while! Well, needless to say, 6 and 7 year old humor is a bit more sophisticated. Last night, as the green veil of Green. Onion. Fartfromhell. encroached upon me, my son turned to me and his sister and said,

"It wasn't me. It was the cat."
Anyway, I know you like pictures to go with these stories. Although I'm fairly certain the digital camera could've captured that radioactive glow last night, I decided to spare you that treat. Instead, for today's pictures, howzabout some Got. Outta. Focus. pics the kiddos snapped when I took them with me to a Gallery of Fantastic-art (that would be Argonne Gallery in Kirkwood, Missouri, where I have some glass sculptures on display). While I was chatting with Sarah and her dad Tom, the munchkins grabbed my camera and snapped a bunch of shots with the camera still set for macro shots. So, they really are outta focus pics, but they do have an interesting feel to them!



































9 comments:

Sweetwater Designs said...

hey thats pretty cool!..out of focus or not! Love your sons(?) expression~ does that say, up to no good or what? :-D

angelinabeadalina said...

Deborah, that expression on James' face says, "I'm about to give Mom a heart attack because I'm gonna see if Katie wants to play hide-n-seek or tag here in this gallery filled with expensive items" LOL!

rosebud101 said...

Sounds like perfectly normal family to me! Love the gallery photos, too.

ellen said...

Definitely the honey mustard pretzel things. Those are lethal!

Professional Housewife said...

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! *Wipes tears* That was absolutely priceless. It also brought back memories of my dad, blaming the spiders in the walls... Thanks for that!

PETRA.JANSSEN said...

OMG = Onions Might Grow ... even if they're already gone ... *rofl*

It felt so good to spend BIG TIME on your blog today, Angie ... :)

Thanks, for all your "funky wisdom" ...!!!

Kizzes & Hugs, PEtra

angelinabeadalina said...

Oh, yeah, I think you are right, Ellen. Definitely lethal.

Thanks, Mrs. M!

PEtra, K&H back atcha :)

Kyfarmlife said...

I dont know if I've laughed this long and hard in a long time! After taking care of Norm and his knee, and Doug with strep throat I needed your blog today! Still chuckling!

Deb said...

OMG!!!! I love it!!
You know Ang - if you could just harness all that gas, you could go green (crap - I almost typed grow green - lol) & use it to power your torch!

You know our goverment were going to start charging farmers a tax on the methane produced by cow's farts, something to do with the ratio & it's high profile in greenhouse emissions.
Imagine that...."Fart Tax" ;o)

Great photo's by the way!

Sitecounter