Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Got the Warm Fuzzies!

Ahhhhhhhh, I've quite literally got the warm fuzzies! Check out this scarf Lauren sent me as a gift! Oh, my! It is the softest thing I've felt in I don't know when, and it is so comfortable. Just in time for winter, which I have no qualms telling you is not my favorite season, I have this cuddly scarf to help keep me warm. It's true, I detest wearing a coat, so I can see me happily donning gloves and sweatshirt and this scarf on any day when the temp is above 20 degrees this winter. Twenty degrees is an arbitrarily chosen threshold, but that's just the way it goes. That's my limit-- cross that, and I might have to wear the dreaded coat. Anyway, I am pretty sure there are days up there in Minnesota when 20 degrees seems relatively warm, right, Mallory?
As for the scarf, and some gorgeously intricate and magical dolls that Lauren creates, if you'd like to see her offer them online, why not convo her on Etsy and let her know you're interested?
One more important thing about the warm fuzzies-- I have to tell you that Lauren and Mallory and Mrs. Whirled Peas (a semi-anonymous Secret Santa from Huntington Beach, California) all spread warm fuzzies through my world yesterday morning! Thank you ladies! The "whirled peas" were thankfully in the dried form...and they were a sweet reminder that we all wish for world peace and can help bring it about one gesture at a time. Mallory secret santa'd me with an envelope of junk. . .yes, JUNK, and YOU KNOW I'M THE WOMAN WHO LOVES JUNK !! Bits and pieces of brass and assorted whatnots, and I was one happy camper as I sat in the parking lot of the post office! Then, Lauren sent me the handmade scarf, as well as a wonderful note and some glass!
So, the take home lesson of today's post is that warm fuzzies are always a good thing. You'd think I'd be able to put that into more eloquent terms, but I'm finding that it's one of those feelings that grabs your heart and squeezes it but defies further description. It's truly NICE. Hope each of you reading this has encountered a warm fuzzie or two this week!

7 comments:

rosebud101 said...

I'm glad you liked my warm fuzzy? I've never given anyone junk before, but you asked for it!

angelinabeadalina said...

It was perfect, Mallory! You're so sweet :)

Carol said...

First of all, I love the color! And, having felt that kind of yarn before, I can imagine it is 'barely there' to feel. Lovely! And you have a lovely friend. :) Thanks too for visiting my blog today.

Diana Ferreira said...

Is'nt it lovely, you got an extra Christmas day this year! It sounds as if you really got nice gifts, wow.

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

Ang, that is Gorgeous!! Winter is not my favourite either and we have it mild. ((grin))

Still waiting for my fuzzie this week :))

Hugs

Laurie said...

I am not having a warm, fuzzy day. I wish I had a beautiful scarf like that to cuddle with. Maybe I could use my cat?

beadraven said...

Hi Angie, I just now saw this, and wanted to say thanks for your nice words! I am really glad you liked the warm fuzzy. I never wear a coat during the winter either- just a sweater and a scarf. Makes it so much easier to run into the store for something.

Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to post my dolls also. Don't know why that's so hard for me to do...

Have a warm and fuzzie day! Lauren

Sitecounter