Monday, November 17, 2008

Here's a Tip for Anyone Living with a GrownUp-- When in Doubt, Bring More Chocolate :)

Well, if you know me, you know that I really am so much nicer online than I am in person when I am peeved about something. Just ask my husband. He happens to be one of those people who can push my buttons blindfolded. Here are two truths about each of us. Husband truth #1: He's a reformed slacker (seriously, he used to sleep under the tow truck at the gas station, snoozing on the clock with his feet sticking out from under that old truck) who now feels the need to tell everyone else the "right" way to do everything. Wife truth #1: I have always been a hard worker and very dependable when I am working "on the clock" but any time not officially on the clock is mine and I'll do it when I get around to it (which may not be any time soon, in case you're wondering). Husband truth #2: He gets grumpier as he gets older (he might suggest this is because the older he gets, the longer he has put up with moi...). Wife truth #2: I try to be more laid back and more accepting of others' right to be different as I get older (but, of course, if you push my buttons too many times in a row, I suddenly lose my hunger for world peace and am ready to verbally battle it out).
Oh, yeah, and did I mention that while I am a morning person who likes to smile and chat when I get up, he is a morning zombie who could stare a hole through Heidi Klum if she were in his kitchen before he'd had coffee and a few hours for it to sink in.
Have I set this scene for you yet? Do ya even need to know who did what? (I'll give you a hint-- I was wrong and he was a jerk about it.) I can just tell you that I muttered my way to the post office (cursing like a sailor who's had leave taken away), was happily distracted by packages from Mallory and Lauren and Mrs. Whirled Peas, and then had calmed down by the time I got back to the house. Being the male that he is (and I know that is a generalization, but geez, how do they do it??), he'd moved on with the day and was asking me questions about inane household stuff he'd already know if he opened his eyes. . .and I. was. still. on. the. verge. of. strangling. someone. at. the. drop. of. an. innocent. word. (hmmph, can ya tell I have an attitude once in a while, even after I'm pretty much over my fit? Might be the Sam Greer in me...)
THEN, I look at the kitchen counter and see my souveniers he brought me from the Germany/Switzerland trip. Yeah, you can get Lindt chocolate here, too. The thing is, he already had some of his shopping done when he called and I asked if he could find those pear shaped milk chocolates that came from Switzerland last time. Well, he couldn't get any of those, so he got orange flavored chocolates, chocolate coated apricots and marzipan, and plenty of milk chocolate with hazelnuts.
Mmmmmmmmmm. I guess I'll let him keep me :)



P.S. And for the record, I did clean out the lint trap, but then I did five or six different loads of laundry and forgot to empty it last night. And, yeah, he noticed because he's one of those guys who actually does his own laundry. I told you I might be wrong *sometimes*, didn't I?
Have a terrific Monday, everybody!

6 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Chocolate cures everything.

Ellen said...

One of my favorite sayings (borrowed from a friend) is:
You were right - I was wrong - it was bound to happen.

Deb said...

Ang - you know, I think we both need the same T-Shirt printed
"I have attitude....& I know how to use it"!!

I have one very cool T Shirt that I am (sadly) not brave enough to wear out of the house.
F.I.G J.A.M - I love that sentiment - & frankly there is nothing better than flashing it in people faces when they cross you - lol!

Other than that I suspect that you are somewhat more restrained than me - I would have eyeballed the chocolate, looked at the Maille Man & said "Just as well for you that chocolate is better than sex - cos we all know what you aint getting"

Sweetwater Designs said...

oh yeah..he sounds like a pretty smart guy! :-) and thanks for the link ♥

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

I am STUNNED... your husband knows where the lint trap is and how to check it for lint... If he also knows not to wash red and white together in HOT water... then I'd say... Honey... you're right I'm too scattered brained to be trusted with that complicated equipment... you do ALL the laundry from now on.. thanks for the chocolate sweety pie :-)

Laurie said...

Mmmmmm, chocolate......Um, what were we talking about? :)

Sitecounter