Friday, November 14, 2008

It's All About MALLORY HOFFMAN :-) Go, go, Mrs. M!!

That's it! It is all about Mallory, now! Sweet Mrs. M has done so much to encourage so many of us in the lampworking community! Mallory is always writing about someone else, always leaving comments on all of our blogs, always smiling!
First, ya gotta check out her beads and wire wrapping in her Etsy shop and her Beader's Showcase gallery page. Heehee, Beader's Showcase is where I was when I too a picture of the computer monitor with my camera (sorry, don't know how to do a screenshot). I had fun browsing Mallory's photos there.
Well, it is the information age, so I googled Mallory Hoffman, too! Guess what else I found? She was interviewed for parts of a Mankato newspaper article when she had only been lampworking for about a year! Here's a more recent interview from the blog Cinnamon & Honey.
Let's see, now, what else do I know about Mallory Hoffman? This part I'm gonna try to do from memory, so my apologies up front for any mistakes, 'kay? Some things I know about Mallory:
  • She has a son named Nick who entertains his mother and the dog Spike when he comes to visit.
  • She has a daughter named Jenny. Jenny is her mom's favorite artist, and if you check out Jenny's photography, you'll understand why :)
  • Mallory insists she is now, and will always be, younger than her children. . .I think if you think in terms of youthful spirit and loving life, then Mallory is always gonna be a cheerful young woman!
  • Mallory is Spike's human.
  • Spike is one adorable puppy dog who likes to hide under blankets and take his human for walks/trots through the neighborhood.
  • Mallory likes to try glass melting tutorials and learn new things from them.
  • Mallory uses Skype to talk to Deb, another lampworker who happens to live on the other side of the world. It just amazes me, every time I think about Deb and Mallory's friendship...just think how the world wide web has helped so many of us meet kindred souls!
  • A woman handed Mallory a 30% coupon in a store the other day. Mallory is the kind of kind person who was very grateful for this seemingly small kindness. Yep, Mallory passed the coupon along to the next person in line, and then she came home and wrote a blog entry about small kindnesses and how they help make the world a better place!
  • Mallory always makes me smile :)


11 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Ang, I was just kidding! Thank you!

Deb said...

What a fabulous write up Ang!

Personally I can't think of a more deserving person to be spotlighted - & you are an absolute gem for doing so.

You have hit the nail on the head with everything you have written!

Ahhh - two of my favorite lampworker peeps in the same place - it's kind of made my eye's all sweaty....guess I'm gonna end up looking like Hirum - dayum!

Paula said...

Great spotlight on one of my favorite people. But did you know that Mallory is a Princess Fairy over on WC. :))

Sharon Driscoll said...

I whole heartedly agree! And Spike rules - my Nellie has a serious crush on the guy under the blankets. I mean, who could have a better human to love.

Deronda said...

Yes, Fairy Princess Mallory is the sweetest thing next to cotton candy. Wonderful spotlight, I enjoyed it immensely.

Bruna said...

Ahhh! I have to agree! Miss M. Is a great, sweet and very understanding person that doesn't seem to run out of energy! and someone I am very proud to call Amiga! I love you Mallory!

Jerri (isellrejer) said...

I have to agree with all of you, Mallory is the sweetest! Thank you Mallory for always listening to me weather it is to laugh, be bitchy or crabby, you let me and always agree with me, what a friend you are to me!!!!!

Hugs and Kisses to you and Spike!!!

Love ya,
Jerri

Teri.p said...

Count me in the Mallory Fan
Club as well. She's a sweet person with always a kind word and a smile.

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

Great write up :))

Kim said...

Great write up on a great artist and person! :)

Maggie said...

Another Fairy Princess Mallory fan. She's the best, better than sliced bread.

Sitecounter