Monday, November 3, 2008

Mistress WinterTrail and Hound. . .and Some Ghost Hunting

**********
And, on a completely unrelated note, my children were ghost hunting tonight. Now, if you've ever read much of my ramblings here, you know that I am half skeptic/smartass and half spiritual. If I am honest with myself, I can see where the skepticism comes in handy for a 'fraidy cat like me. If I really believed ghosts or other otherworldly creatures were real, then I'd have to be a wee bit anxious about unexplained sights and sounds. . .and we all know that's not good for a 'fraidy cat, LOL.
Funny, too, how my skepticism gets really quiet and almost urges me to believe that benign spirits such as faeries and Eastern dragons might actually have existed once upon a time. . .and we all know that is not a threat for a 'fraidy cat, so it's okay, LOL.
So, my children have ingrained in them a healthy love of science plus a big dose of fascination with the mystical. Which means what? Which means that when they go looking for ghosts in the dark, they don't tremble until they actually see something they think is unexplained. Then they come screaming and giggling back to me for protection. . .and we all know that is a trial for the 'fraidy cat who must be the brave one, LOL!
And why is it that the mommy has to be the only protector? Ah, that would be because the daddy avoids such subjects or gives out a rather hasty, "There's no such thing." To him, cemeteries are places to be avoided, while to some of my family, cemeteries make a good place to have a family reunion on Memorial Day. It's all a matter of perspective, isn't it? Anyway, that's why the mommy gets to be privvy to the ghost hunting action. . .and we all know the mommy is actually a great big 'fraidy cat, don't we?
I'll let you know if the little ghost hunters find anything interesting besides shadows and reflections on trees, and in the meantime, please send me some extra "don't be a coward" vibes that you can spare, 'kay?

4 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Don't worry, Ang. You will be fine.
I'm askeered of thunderstorms.

Deb said...

BOO!

Deb said...

Ooopsy - hope I didn't scare ya too much ;o)

OK Ang - I just gotta say this....Mistress WinterTrail and Hound is absofrickenlutely outstanding!!!

She's superb (& ya know, I feel cold just looking at her) - you portrayed the "winteryness" <--- (Deb's Dictionary, NZ Edition 2007, & constantly being updated) perfectly! :o)

PETRA.JANSSEN said...

LOL ... I always feel "sick" when I have to pick up something in the basement during nighttime ... and "Sir Henry" with his scrumptious (what a word!) face is NO big help. He's just like me ... rockin' the glow-in-the-dark-chicken-costume ... LOL

What would we do if somebody could explain the existence of ghosts with "real" facts ...?! I mean, I'm on the spiritual side of life but ... still ... there is a questionmark ... and for the time being it's good to have this questionmark around.

Sitecounter