Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Rhinoplasty for Grandmother Time?

Grandmother Time began taking shape in clay over the weekend. Ever notice how concentrating on only one detail will get you all out of proportion in a hurry? I got so caught up in building her a nose with nostrils, separating the bump at the end of the nose with the tiny creases between it and the nostrils, flaring the nostrils, and building the bridge into the forehead. . .well, you can see, a very fine nose for a beginning sculptor to make BUT not necessarily one a beginning sculptor or a mythical character such as Grandmother Time might choose to don.

Sure it gave her lots of character, and I love character and personality. Otherwise, why would I be trying to sculpt a wizened Grandmother Time to be used for a candle mold? See, I think she'll be kind of comforting, sitting there on a table or shelf, helping to literally light the world with her wisdom.


And one bit of her wisdom might be, "Sweet child, play with that clay some more. I do adore this magnificent nose, but what if I sneezed?? All that wisdom I'm supposed to be imparting would fly right out through those honkin' big nostrils!"
***smiles*** and ***fun*** to you today!


4 comments:

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

I knew I forgot to do something. My homework for tomorrow. Eeeeek!! I need dragon inspiration for a clay water feature I'm building!!! Help!!!!

Cool Grandmother - I love her!!!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I don't know. She's kinda cool like that...

rosebud101 said...

She's really cute, big nostrils or not.

Sweetwater Designs said...

thats one amazing shnoz..:D full of character is right. Theres no end to your talent!

Sitecounter