Monday, December 22, 2008

1, 2, 3, 4! I Declare a Thumb War!

One, two, three, four! I declare a thumb war!
Can't beat a good ol' thumb war, huh? Rock, Paper, Scissors is passe' at our house. Thumb Wars are the popular game now. Of course, you can't have either without some attempts to illegally control the outcome of the game! With R-P-S, James and Kate hesitate at the end to try to see what their opponent is going to choose. Kate has her fingers pointed out like she might choose scissors, and James skips a beat and then chooses rock. The same kind of wrestling for position happens with thumb wars, too, except it is literally wrestling for position. They both try to "steady" each other's hand.
We started out taking Christmas pictures, but there were many complaints from the peanut gallery each time the photographer requested a new pose. You know, if I'd torched any in the last week, I wouldn't be torturing the kids by making them pose for closeups. . .but that's the way the holidays go! Eventually, I'll get back to work :) In the meantime, guess you get kid pics and an occasional outdoor shot. Heck, even the outdoor shots are at a premium right now because I have very little desire to head out into the single to barely double digit temperatures and fiddle-faddle around with the camera. I am a cold weather wimp, apparently!
So, what's the funniest line, instead of the old standby "say cheese," that you've ever heard a photographer use? Our favorite is "say toilet paper"! Okay, so it isn't as funny now as it was when the photographer had a 4 and 5 year old Katie and James say that for her, but it works. Hope you've got some good ones to share, because I might have the rottens try this Christmas picture thing again later this afternoon!

5 comments:

Ellen said...

I think this picture would be perfect for a cmas card. A great "sibling" shot.
Hey, Ang, is it possible to lighten your background so the text is easier to read? It's probably just my old eyes but I'm struggling a bit.

angelinabeadalina said...

Sorry, Ellen. I get carried away changing things and forget to look at how it looks from another monitor!

Hope you're having a good holiday week up there in all that snow!

Sweetwater Designs said...

yeah, I've decided I'm a hot house flower too..:)

rosebud101 said...

How fun. I haven't had a thumb war in a very long time!

Studio Marcy - Marcy Lamberson said...

Our family says, "Schlitz Malt Liquor". We've said it as long as I can remember and I'm not sure of its roots, because dh doesn't drink that kind.

Marcy

Sitecounter