Thursday, December 11, 2008

Balls. Who's Got 'Em?

  • We do. We haven't hung them up on the lights outside yet, but we have them. We have green shatterproof balls. James and Kate decorated them using my permanent markers. The one on top (and I do apologize for including a hairy ball, but I had to show you this one) is Kate's creation. It is called "Reindeer Hair". James drew similar hatch marks and lines on another and titled it "DeathStar" (yep, Star Wars even has a place in Christmas decorations).
  • The Illinois Governor does. That is, unless he finally resigned overnight in light of being arrested on conspiracy charges, he has balls. Actually, he's the reason for my crude title today. Have you heard what that man was trying to do? Granted, we are talking about the state of Illinois and a passle of politicians from Chicago, so it shouldn't come as a complete shock. Still. Governor Blagojevich decided it would be a great idea to raise money for himself by clandestinely (he thought) auctioning off a soon to be empty Senate seat instead of simply appointing someone to fill President-elect Obama's Senate spot. Balls. That man has some balls. Wait, it gets even better. It has been reported that if he didn't get a $uitable offer, he was just going to appoint himself to the Senate seat! Can you believe that?? Oh, wait, sorry. Of course, we can all believe it. It's just not very fun to see it happening.
  • This guy has 'em, in a different way. Dang, this is a funny video. I'm still laughing, and I have no intention of trying to find out whether or not it is fake. Holycrapoli, that is some stunt to contemplate, isn't it? Thanks for sending that link, Michael.
  • Too many tomcats in our neighborhood, that's who has 'em. If I catch Patience and Tom having their pee'ing wars in my back yard again, I think I am going to scream. Thank goodness, it is winter and smells don't travel as far as they do on the wafting summer humidity. Let me just say that I like both of these cats when they are playing nice. I feed them when they come to visit. I even pet Patience (Tom is a bit unsure of people getting close to him). I also have a wicked surrealistic vision of one spraying and the liquid being frozen cartoon fashion midair, thereby sticking the tomcat in place for a bit. . .ahem. If they were mine, I'd take them to the vet for the ol' snip-snip and then spoil them endlessly because they are beautiful big cats.

That's all for me today. Time to get an oxygen tank and fire up the torch :) Happy Thursday, Peeps!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

"Balls" there are so many. What a wonderful blog topic.

rosebud101 said...

Ang, I'm not being sexist or a smart ass, but you have them too!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Ok I'll comment on the cats... my Mother years ago, whisked an annoying Tom cat to the vet and had him snip/snipped... without the owners permission or knowledge... the owner discovered it 2 YEARS later... and my Mom played all innocent of the deed... ha ha ha.

angelinabeadalina said...

Elaine, I am sorely tempted to do what your mom did!

Ellen and Mallory, it sure wasn't the bestest topic ever, but it kept me out of trouble for writing about much more acceptable subjects that would have ended up being much ruder because of my scathing opinion. . .ah, some days, ya gotter go with the lesser of one or two evils if ya can't manage to just plain shut up and say nothing :)

Sitecounter