Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Scathach. . .Warrior and Woman

I am a warrior. I am a woman. Some say I was a queen. Some even say I rose to become a goddess, a Gaelic guardian of the dead, leading fallen warriors to their reward. I don't know. The heat of battle and smell of the blood of my enemies was my reward.
I am a warrior. I am a woman. Some say I taught young men the finer points of combat. Some say I even made those same young men "friends of my thighs" and taught them the finer points of much more delicate skills. I don't know. I taught what I knew to those who wanted to know it, too.
I am a warrior. I am a woman. Some say I birthed daughters. Some even say one of those daughters brought home a warrior named CĂșchulainn and that I gave him his deadly sword. I don't know. I helped one who would be a partner to my daughter.
I am a warrior. I am a woman. I say that should be enough for any lifetime.
More pictures of Scathach in my BeadArtists.org gallery pages and in my Etsy listings.

Thanks for coming to visit my bit-of-this, bit-of-that blog! I don't tell you all often enough how much it means to be a part of your online world, so THANK YOU :) Your own explorations, thoughts, and pictures add much enjoyment to my day when I visit your blogs, too!


4 comments:

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

Big round of aplause!! Beautiful Ang!!

.....

little side note - they don't get too big. Promise!!

Deb said...

She is stunning Ang! Absolutely stellar - once again I am left breathless at your talent & style.


I don't know what I'd do without your blog to visit, even though I don't always comment I do always read - you have such a skill for thought provoking posts!
And.... well....you are just such a great & funny smarta** too -lol!

Maggie said...

Scathach has great curves and lines, so flowing. What an amazing description to go along with her beauty. You have captured her essence as woman and warrior.

rosebud101 said...

Wow! She's beautiful! I love her biography, too!

Sitecounter