Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow Day!

Yep, hear the little boogers shout HOORAY! Hear the mom who needed to do some Christmas shopping and some work without the kids' help sighing OY VEY!
Shhhhhhhh, don't mention the whole Santa Claus thing because my two still seem to believe. That means Mom has some shopping to get done on the sly, and Christmas is coming soon, oh my! Alright, alright, you caught me. I am a last minute shopper. If shopping ahead of time works for you, then I am happy for you. . .but I can't do it. I like the whole Christmas gift hunting atmosphere that comes into play when you shop close to the holiday, plus so far I've been blessed with kids who aren't asking for the season's hottest new toy and haven't had to plan my attack on stores. It's also my horrible curse to not be able to hide things securely without forgetting where I hid them! Add to the list my inability to not buy some Christmas presents during December. I could buy ahead of time, but then I'd spend even more money because I'd just have to buy some more things when the big day got close.
No Christmas shopping today, though, and it's okay as long as the ice is gone by tomorrow or Wednesday. Let me tell ya, today is an 18 degree winter day, and I'm content to stay home and not venture out! Mallory, Betsy, and all of you who live farther north than me, your negative degree weather makes me shiver!
Ah, so what are we going to do with the rest of our day around here? We've made biscuits for breakfast, we've started straightening up the house, and now 2 out of 3 of that "we" are busy playing Webkinz, LOL. What do you like to do on a snow day? or do you get snow days?

4 comments:

Jennifer Cameron said...

My kids are fuming mad there is no snow here.

The kids would live outside when it snows if I let them! On days we get enough, I will take them to the park to go sledding. Lately they've made our driveway into a sled run of sorts and have races. The bad thing about this is the driveway turns into a sheet of ice.

Ellen said...

I live right smack downtown and our town is small so getting around really isn't an issue. We're also used to a ton 'o snow.

rosebud101 said...

Our high today was warmer than expected. We got up to -1. Our low tonight will be -12 or lower. Tomorrow it will be so warm. It's going to be 7! It's hard to stay warm when it's that cold outside.

angelinabeadalina said...

Brrrrrrrr, Mallory! Sounds great that you guys don't have to give snow a second thought, Ellen...not that I'd want that much snow, but it sure would be nice for it to not be an issue when we do have it! Jennifer, the sled races sound fun! We couldn't do that in our driveway, even if we'd gotten much snow with the ice yesterday. We truly live in the flatlands-- if our drive has a grade, you sure can't tell it with the naked eye!

Sitecounter