Tuesday, December 9, 2008

TeenyTiny Tuesday!


They say, "the bigger they are, the harder they fall."
Well, this guy is only 1 1/8" tall.
He is crooked. He is funny. He is a wee bit mesmerizing. . . and that's not all.
He's also yet another reason why I admire anyone who can sculpt on a small scale! I love big, and I love bold, but sometimes I wonder if it's just a crutch I use at the torch. Could be, because this little Buddha had me twisting my mouth, squirming in my seat, and trying to hold my head just right, all in hopes I could finish him without him growing into one of my usual ginormous creations.
Oh, most definitely, if you or someone you know works this small in glass, YOU HAVE MY ADMIRATION! It takes a great deal of patience (counts me out, right there) and skill (glass is the one place where I feel like I have some of that). One without the other will get you a bunch of teenytiny blobs of colorful glass.
It was good for me to do it, though! Taught me a few things (or maybe I should say reminded me of things I knew a long time ago but had conveniently forgotten?). Challenged me. Thanks to Amber (oh, yeah, you want to click! It's her home page, with links to all her shops and galleries!) for the idea!

8 comments:

rosebud101 said...

He's adorable, Ang! I don't know, I still think that size counts. You know, big is good! I like this little guy though.

spawnofflame said...

You know... by some standards even this one is kind of big. lol!

He's cute!

angelinabeadalina said...

No joke, RoseMarie! All I kept thinking about was a picture of three of Gelly's piggies smiling from the top of a dime or quarter-- either way, what a remarkable talent she has!!

angelinabeadalina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angelinabeadalina said...

argh! I hate that-- that deleted post is just me. Doofus here clicked too many times and double posted, d'oh!

Ellen said...

Sculptures big or small are way beyond my patience.
Yours are always way cool and this little dude is so dang cute.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

I don't have a Gelly pig, but I do have a Gelly Santa that I bought last year... she is talented... but then so are you... I love the ATTITUDE in this little fella's face... nice one Ang.

Profusion said...

You know, you are quite the opposite of me :) I admire the size you can work in, and anything beyond 1" from me would be on the larger side. I think small is easier than large. Remember - any flaws will be tiny too ;)
Lene

Sitecounter