Saturday, January 17, 2009

Little Mrs. Merry Freaking Sunshine Says:

  • It is always easier to apologize than to ask permission.
  • A half-assed, but-let-me-explain-why apology is not a real apology.
  • When the world hands you lemons, ask if you can please substitute limes, and make a big margarita. Once again, I think I am fixated on warm places and vacations at the moment, LOL.
  • Don't Dish. Don't Direct. For crying out loud, if you're gonna watch t.v., then go ahead and put up with cable's constant price increases. Trust me. The satellite always messes up in the middle of the fourth down or at the most dramatic point of the movie.
  • Aw, come on, don't even try to tell me you didn't see that 25 m.p.h. sign! This might be the first house as you leave the farmland and come into our little town, but surely you can spare a minute of your drive, especially if you are driving one of those tractor trailers to the grain elevator...Damn, son, you've got the rest of the winter to sell that grain, but my children are gonna cry for months and months if you run over their cat. P.S. It's quite likely that someone is going to have to restrain me to keep me from personally going to hunt you down and torture you until one of us dies if you lose control of that vehicle and come up in my yard and endanger my children in any way.
  • Read the directions, okay? If you can't understand them, then ask someone. Seriously. Dude, I have a college education and still have trouble understanding some directions...but if I need to ask a question, then I do it.
  • Thank goodness, the houses in this neighborhood are far enough apart that we can't look out the kitchen window straight into their dining table to see what's for supper. Of course, this could come in handy if your neighbor happens to be a really great cook. Let me tell you, though, while we are looking for houses and are tempted by beautiful houses that happen to be set very close to other houses, it is good to be reminded that a neighbor can make or break your peace at just about any time if they choose. You get this little tidbit of wisdom because I've been thinking about what a rotten neighbor is doing to hassle the peacefulness of someone's household lately. . .and I don't like it!
  • There. Yes, I do feel better now. Thank you. You know what? I've hit that stage in life where I'm trying to be a better person, trying to let other people live their lives without me trying to steer them in the direction I find appropriate, trying to do my best to live and let live. BUT along with the beginning of this awareness comes a heightened awareness of the intolerance and ignorance of people who haven't traveled the same distance on this long and elusive journey to maturity. And, no, I don't really want to ever reach the end of this journey, but I do want to keep making progress as I go. And, yes, I do have lots of gratitude for those of you who've already been where I am now. . .thank you for putting up with me!

5 comments:

rosebud101 said...

I hope things get better for you today, Ang, and tomorrow.

Deb said...

Oh Ang! Why is it when we really, really try to be a better person, it seems that something will come along to challenge us & bring out our ...ummm 'not so better' side.

The funny thing is that even though we think that is what is happening - the fact that we have actually stopped to think about it, actually makes us a better person. :o)

The smile I got from your post today - in another galaxy, far far away....
well OK, on our Auction Website here in NZ - the quote I've had on my profile since day one is
"When life hands you lemons, ask for a bottle of tequila and salt."
(never thought of margarita's - darn!)

Deb said...

second smile - the word verification was 'wirysop'

Laurie Whitney - Mermaid Glass said...

It's true. Every word and sometimes we can't do a thing about it. Margaritas are always in season here and, though it's not warm today, I know it will be tomorrow. So flow, baby, just flow.

And the word verification now is 'oriati'.
Isn't that ironici? Hee, hee...

Samma said...

Why so glum, chum? Ya' know some days ya' just got to vent and get the stuff out of the way for the good days, right? Hugs - Samma

Sitecounter