Thursday, February 5, 2009

Double-Timing the Tooth Fairy

This, my friends, is a little girl with a plan for double-timing the Tooth Fairy. See, when Kate lost the first one of the missing front teeth, we were at Grandma and Granddaddy's. The Tooth Fairy knows where you on any given night, so that wasn't a problem. In fact, it turned into a bonus for Kate and for James, too!
The Tooth Fairy is one busy fairy, so she has been known to leave a last minute I.O.U. or some such message with me, the mommy. Luckily for the Tooth Fairy (and for moi), Kate and James are pretty laidback children and are more than happy to work with the Tooth Fairy's schedule.
Well, this last time she was to visit, I reminded her to leave coins under a pillow for Kate AND Granddaddy also reminded her to leave coins (lots of coins) on the kitchen table for Kate. He also whispered in the good fairy's ear and asked her to leave a few coins for James, too.
Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. . . that went over with squeals of delight all around!
It was also duly noted in the brains of these munchkins.
Tooth Fairy comes to visit at our house, you get one pile of coins.
Tooth Fairy comes to visit at Grandma and Granddaddy's, you could hit the jackpot!
So, this past Sunday, Kate lost the other front tooth, and this was what she said to me, "Here's my tooth so you can see it, but don't put it under my pillow tonight. I'm saving it for when we go to Grandma and Granddaddy's because I want to get more money for me and James to share!"
Guess what you started, Granddaddy?

5 comments:

GAFFER GIRLS said...

thanks for giving me a chuckle today....

enjoy it ..
they grow up way to fast......

all my love

Kim said...

Hey, at least she is willing to share! :)

rosebud101 said...

How cute is that, Ang! She's one smart little girl!

Ellen said...

Oh, I definitely see a bright future for Kate.
My son woke up one time when the tooth fairy was placing her reward under his pillow.
Her highness was surprised because she thought the lad was sound asleep. My son was shocked because he thought the fairy looked very familiar.

angelinabeadalina said...

Oh,yeah, Mona, they grow up too fast! Thanks, Kim and Mallory :)

ROFL, Ellen! That is funny. Wonder which one of them was the most surprised?

Sitecounter