Tuesday, February 17, 2009

HolyFreakyHell! Doesn't FaceBook Scare You with All They Know about You??

Bear with me just a moment. I may quite possibly be the very last 40-something year old on the planet to join FaceBook, and I'm freaked out by the first couple of steps! Seriously, I gave them permission to search my email, but what about all the other familiar faces they've found for me? I know I haven't emailed many of them. . .gotten to know them online in the lampworking forums, yes, but they wouldn't be in my email account. Besides my email info, all I put in was West Hardin High School (Stephensburg, Kentucky), Murray State University (Murray, Kentucky), and AngelinaBeadalina. WOW-- did all those glass peeps show up from connections to pages where AngelinaBeadalina has been? Duh, I guess that must have been what did it. Still, it was rather weird.
So, what did I do about all those potential friends? Uh, skipped that page? I clicked a few of you just to try it out, but I was afraid to click everyone at once. . .what if I completely miss somebody once you've been added as my friend? How do people keep up with each other? I mean, obviously, FaceBook helps you find the people, but how do you keep up with everyone once you've found them?
P.S. Lisa Rippee, you might be the only glass person I didn't see on there yet, so I'll have to find ya!
P.P.S. (or is that P.S.S.?) If you're a FaceBooker reading this, then Angela Greer Garren would like to hear from you :) Just be patient with me, okay?

8 comments:

Deb said...

LOL - Ang, facebook is ok, in small doses. Very small! I still feel like I need a map to navigate the site. Give me an easy old blog read any day of the week ;o)


think I may have aided you in one respect - even if it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to do it.lol!

angelinabeadalina said...

Hey, I'm glad to hear from ya, chickadee! Hope all is well and you've just been busy in the real world :)

Maggie said...

I thought I was the last 40 something to sign up! I've only been on about a week. The requests I'm not sure of are the ones from people I have never heard of and we have no friends in common. How do they find me? I'll see if I can find you.

Ellen said...

I am currently completely addicted to FB.
Having said that, though, I don't do all those other "requests." I don't understand them and just ignore them.
I also turned off the email notifications; hate having all that stuff in my inbox.
The requests for friends have been interesting. I've been surprised and confused by the people who have contacted me. I don't know if they just want to rack up the number of friends they have or are they really interested in me? hmmm
Anyway, I love being able to stay in touch with people and do it so quickly.
Play around and don't get frustrated with the navigation of the site. Or not - maybe it's not your thing - no biggie.

GAFFERGIRLS.COM said...

brutal ang...
how do you do it..
that facebook is giving me a hard time...

ps ps lost your # damn...
all my love
mona & the girls

angelinabeadalina said...

Ellen, I can see why you'd turn off the email notification. Sheesh, it filled up my box while I was gone today.

You trying it, too, Mona? I'll try to email you my # but here it is, too-- six 1 eight 2 four nine six zero 8 five.

rosebud101 said...

Ang, we're friends now! Facebook is something else!
http://rosebud101-fortheloveofbeads.blogspot.com/

Diana Ferreira said...

Ooh, facebook is seriously scary. I personally hate those notifications for all the stuff - I just do not have the time to play hangman, or what. but it is sure cool to have met up with pple. When my laptop and cellphone was stollen, and my ip adress changed at the exact same time, and I was about to move cities, it really helped me to contact people with whom I had sporadic contact.
Will you be my friend??? lol

Reppie - a young and inexperienced medical rep, bullied by receptionists, and the opposition.

Sitecounter