Lunch break. Drove home to raid the fridge for leftovers (made a BBQ chicken sandwich). Think, yet again, that I need to write something, anything, for the blog before I completely forget how to post an entry. Not a single thing has tripped my creative writing trigger in the last few days, not one single thing.
Sandy Wright's third and fourth graders don't know that, though. I just insisted that they write, yes, actually move their pencils and write, during their entire creative writing session. Hmmph. Guess you know that makes words like "hypocrite" and "those who can't, teach" run through my head right about now.
Without further ado or whining, I shall now write, just write, five things. Ready? Here we go :)
- The lonely torch sighs as the oxygen and propane course through its hoses. Finally, a human has remembered to light the flame and melt glass. The kiln winks at the torch, sharing a metallic high five! (I torched for the first time in what seemed like weeks yesterday...)
- Mrs. Bradham is retiring at the end of the school year. I am so glad my children had her to teach them. Strict and "100 percent all about school" would be adjectives they've uttered, but I think they already know it been a good foundation.
- Chocolate chip cookies do not have to be homemade to make your taste buds smile.
- Dragons are not overrated, just under-seen. The sky looks like one could come swooping down from behind the clouds at any moment. I'd like to see a benevolent Eastern dragon with sparkling scales, trailing silk ribbons and flickering flames.
- Wonder if that extra fizzing sensation from drinking a bit of Diet Coke after eating chocolate chip cookies is meant to be a deterrent to eating more sweets. Blech.
Alright, that's five, and I gotta get back to school!