Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Enough.

Egad, it's past sunrise, but the clouds have blocked the sun. Let me save you the trouble of turning on the television to check the news. I will gladly interpret this morning's surprise event from both the liberal and conservative points of view.

Conservative Pundit Poobah Report: The American people are shocked to find that the sun is not shining this morning. In yet another attempt to throw up a smokescreen around the real issues, the Administration has orchestrated this cloud cover. More later on the real story today, once we latch onto it.

Liberal La-La Report: It's astounding! From where I'm standing, you can not see the sun this morning! We are told that the President has been awakened, informed of the situation, and assigned a task force to study this perilous situation. More later on the miraculous recovery we expect to see once the government steps into action and approves a new spending bill with a katrillion dollars earmarked for making the clouds go away.

ENOUGH.
I have had enough from both sides. Get over yourselves, and report the news from an objective viewpoint, please.
Thank you.
Feel free to go on about your business. I don't really expect my little rant to change anything.
P.S.
If you frequent any non-political forums and you are the people (both conservatives and liberals) who keep sneaking sly political remarks and campaigns into everyday threads, please quit. It's taking up a lot of my time, this clicking on threads you start and checking to see if you've finally given up on the political gouging ;-)
Another P.S.
This one is for the person who has obviously decided I need someone to personally interpret all these rantings and tell me what I think about them. I think for myself. In case you've never noticed, you and I do agree on many points but disagree on the way they are presented and/or the specific reasons behind the outcomes. You aren't going to change me into your political clone, and I am not going to change you into someone who can weigh all sides of an issue ( <--snark! couldn't help myself!).

9 comments:

Deb said...

*Snort* <- that's exactly what I did when I read this, just now!

I have no idea who you are talking about, but I love the way you addressed it!

I'm a political nightmare. Sorry - just.not.interested in getting involved in politics or discussions of aforementioned BS.

In fact I think the most interest I ever showed was with your last Election - not ours ;o)

kelleysbeads said...

But more importantly, both viewpoints left out how the lack of sun will impact firing up a torch today.

Maggie said...

I'm called a "decline to state" as my party affiliation. Makes me laugh, but I refuse to belong to a party. Will we ever be a united country that looks out for the best of its people rather than having an agenda?

This is the only time I'll get political on your blog because you started it!

angelinabeadalina said...

Hotdiggitydamndog, Maggie, I never knew there was such a thing as "decline to state". I thought you had to choose Republican or Democrat or Independent. I love it!! United, without separate agendas...that sounds so good to me. That's for me!

Kelley, I wished for torching time today, almost had it, then got a last minute call to sub :( Oh, well, maybe tomorrow!

Deb, dear, you probably know who the real life culprit is, just because I think I complained about it in that last email, LOL. I'm all for Maggie's position for myself, and I don't usually mind other people stating their opinions. Free speech is a wonderful thing, I'm just tired of all the partisan bickering over here.

rosebud101 said...

Dayum, and I was worried about the sun. Did anyone find it?

gaffergirls.com said...

its snowing in bend oregon...'

:)
I'm out in the cold on this 1

as usual.
god it feels good to be oblivious

ShellyD said...

Hi there,

I'm oblivious...LOL I missed it all. The one advantage of not frequenting the forums on a far to regular basis. My stress levels are way better for it BUT then there is a lot of good stuff that I do miss, like all my buddies. Thank goodness our blogs keep us linked to each other.

Hugs
Mich
(who is shite scared of weighing in this morning. LOL)

Laurie Whitney - Mermaid Glass said...

Ha! Love it. All of it. And I am in awe of (and maybe a little confused by) the idea of any person trying to translate and interpret for you! Why would they even want to when instead they could listen to your unique and always interesting insights?

angelinabeadalina said...

LOL, Laurie, probably because he has to live with me, he's stubborn as I am, the list could go on and on :)

Sitecounter