Thursday, April 9, 2009

S-s-s-s-Sonic S-s-s-s-Slushy! Sssssssssssslurrrrrp!


Mmmmmmmm, Lemon Berry Slushie from Sonic, America's Drive In. Slurp it up on your way to anywhere between 2-4p.m., and get a great deal! It's their Happy Hour, when sodas and slushies are half off.
So, for the grand sum of two dollars and one cent, I had a large Lemon Berry Slushie and the kids each had their own value size Strawberry Slushie. Pretty cool, huh? I still have some of my slushie in the fridge, and I'll add some water to it tomorrow and slurp some more :) The kids have slurped their slushies all evening.
Why did we feel the need for c-c-c-cold drinks on a drizzly, dreary spring afternoon? Well, we needed something to soothe Kate's sore throat and wash down her disappointment at missing today's Easter Egg Hunt at school. After a night of sore tummy and sore throat woes, Kate recovered this morning in time to go to school, insisting she felt good enough to handle a spelling test and a math test in the morning (and an Easter Egg Hunt in the afternoon).
She made it through the spelling test, finished the math test, and then had to come home with me when I arrived thinking I would be helping with the afternoon fun and games. Poor Kate. You know, we grownups tend to look at things from the perspective of many years. Of course, there'll be more parties at school, and there'll most likely be an Easter Egg Hunt next year and the year after that and the year after that. . . but to a kid, it's all about what's happening now. One Easter Egg Hunt missed out of 43 isn't that big of a deal, but that same missed celebration is a big deal when it's one out of 6. It's a shame we can't just inject our kids with the anti-disappointment serum we've earned over our lifetimes, isn't it? I imagine we're all destined to look back at each step of our lives, shake our heads, and say, "If only I'd known then what I know now."
Kate seems to be feeling better this evening, helped by the thought that Uncle Bubby and Aunt Soupie will probably both be happy to hide and re-hide and hide again a bunch of Easter Eggs at Grandma's this weekend :)

2 comments:

Deb said...

Yum Ang - now that sounds good, actually it sounds great!
I hope Kate feels better for the weekend - sore throats are tricksy things.

Funny isn't it. Recently I have been trying to tell my self to "Live in the moment".. something we need to remind ourselves of as adults, yet really it's the way we all started out when we were kids.
Nothing quite like taking a refresher course course on how to be a kid again...from our children ;o)

rosebud101 said...

Ang, Your comment about an anti disappointment serum is something I wish we could have for our children. I hope your little sweetie is better soon and has a wonderful time finding eggs at Grandma and Grandpa's. Enjoy your Easter. These little ones grow up so quickly, then you remember, and wish you had an anti disappointment serum for yourself when you remember the fun you used to have with those little ones. Enough of the whine. I think I'll have some crackers!

Sitecounter