Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Aunt Soupie and The Rottens :-)

Ever notice how many different bubble blowing contraptions show up in the toy aisles of stores as soon as warmer weather arrives? This year, bubble swords seem to be the ubiquitous bubble wand toy. The ones Kate and James are holding actually had sword handles and a trigger action to expand the wand once you pull it out of the bubble filled case. I think my brother is the one who bought these, but it was my sister who got the call to help test them. It was a fairly easy choice, given that Aunt Soupie was the one camping with Grandma and Granddaddy and that Uncle Bubby stayed home instead of camping.
However, I do believe that Aunt Soupie is the premier go-to adult when it comes to jumping on the trampoline, playing in the water, putting together a new toy, trying out a new toy, watching a cool movie, catching a ride, and a multitude of other activities. Uncle Bubby runs an extremely close second, though, crossing the finish line with his grill nanoseconds behind Soupie's. Just in case my brother and sister haven't heard this, YOU ARE THE BESTEST, and JAMES & KATE ARE DARN LUCKY TO HAVE YOU!
Soupie set up a tent next to Grandma and Granddaddy's camper this weekend, brought the inflatable Spiderman and Dora sleeping bags, and found flash lights for everyone. Soupie fastened life jackets, and Soupie played in the water at the beach. The only thing I didn't see Soupie do was roll down the giant sand hill into the water.
So, thank you, Soupie-doodle, for all you do for James and Katie :)

3 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Soupie sounds like a true treasure, I wish I had an aunt Soupie...

rosebud101 said...

Wow! Soupie sounds wonderful! Glad you had a great time!

Sweetwater Designs said...

Sounds like fun..I've got to find the bubble swords for my house. Sisters come in handy sometimes, do they not? :)

Sitecounter