Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ewwwwww! Monkey Snot??

Okay, so I'm cruising along this morning, minding my own business, which really means minding everyone else's business as I poke about the house-- picking up a stray Star Wars action figure, laying a soft cover over the Katie-boo in hopes she'll sleep a while longer, going out the back door momentarily in order to feed the ferocious felines, perusing whatever junk might be laying on top of the hubby's counter (and yes, I probably would snoop down in that pile if I weren't afraid of a telltale avalanche!). That's when I came upon this new book that he just got in the mail. It's a how-to handbook about AMC engines. No surprise, there, except for the fact that my accountant-by-day/grease-monkey-at-heart hubby probably already has this info hardwired into his brain in neat little compartments. But, then, a passion for fixing things with wheels is pretty similar to a passion for creating things with glass when you get right down to the nitty gritty. No matter what our passion, most of us like to indulge in a new book or gadget. Nope, that's not the problem I am bringing to you this morning.
However, the problem does arise from the book, simply because it was open to a page with pictures of greasy motor stuff. I am nosy, you know, so I turned on the laundry "room" light and leaned over for a closer gander. Let me just say this:
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
and this:
What the heck is monkey snot and why would you wipe it onto your oil pan and does the name come from grease monkies running out of lubricant and just deciding to blow their noses into great big red bandanna hankies to get more of the stuff??
Now, some would say I should have known better than to start reading a book of mechanical wizardry when I often have problems just turning the key in the ignition. . . and some would say I deserve to have this vision haunt me the rest of the day. Fine. But howzabout the rest of you do something to help me rid my brain of this running movie of stooge-like chimpanzees in striped overalls running around a garage, throwing wrenches, cranking jacks all the way up and then letting them fall, swinging from tire racks, sliding down windshields and hoods, and occasionally stopping to whip a red bandanna out of their back pocket and blow their nose???

5 comments:

Deb said...

ROFL! Oh my Ang - I knew there was a reason I played with glass instead of cars.

Having never heard of Monkey Snot (apart from imaginings of Monkeys with the flu) - I did a quick search.lol!

Found this ....Typically “monkey snot” is the colloquial name for 3M’s “Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive”.... then I found this
http://tiny.cc/MonkeySnot

Begone mental images of stripy chimps with running noses!!!

Ellen said...

Thanks for the image of the coverall chimps running around with snotty noses. Yeah, thanks a lot.

angelinabeadalina said...

LOL,Deb, did you find the blog "What a Crock of Monkey Snot"? http://crockofmonkeysnot.blogspot.com/

Looks like it might be a goner, no posts since July 2008, but dontcha love that name?

Sorry, Ellen :) It did remind me that I haven't watched The Three Stooges in a long time, though, and that would be good for a laugh or two. Hmmm, Stooges...either you love 'em or hate 'em. I can go years without watching them and then suddenly get a craving.

rosebud101 said...

With the vision of those monkeys in my brain, I may never sleep again! Ewwwwww!

BEADNIK (petra.janssen) said...

Almost dead ... ROFL ...! Gotta ask Bernd if he knows a cool thing like this ... monkey snot ... how brilliant. LOVE this post ... :P

Sitecounter