Thursday, July 16, 2009

Anybody Sleepy Yet? No? Then Just Read This. . .

Heh. Heh. Heh. I crack myself up.
It's been an entertaining but long day, so without much ado, here's the newest Etsy listing:


Some Enchanted Dream
Some night, as you are twisting and turning and trying to leave the problems of the day behind, you'll glance over at your nightstand and see the Enchantress. She'll remind you those cares of the world are not allowed to traipse into your sanctuary at night, and you'll imagine her begone-ing and shoo-ing the stragglers out the door as you drift to sleep.

The Enchantress just strikes me as a serene but really strong face, and I am proud to have shaped her from molten glass and pulled her out of my kiln. She is actually made of two pieces, but the collar and the face are both a combination of Gaffer clear glass liberally sprinkled with Cobalt and Gold enamel powders. Most of the enamel has been melted into the clear glass, and I feel compelled to make sure you know SHE HAS A LITTLE SHINE IN THE SUNLIGHT BUT IS FAIRLY DRAB IN THE SHADE OR IN ARTIFICIAL LIGHT. Hey, that's not a bad thing for a sleep enchantress, though, is it?




5 comments:

Deb said...

OK - didn't work....I'm still not asleep! ;o)
I shall be sure to read again tonight if I have problems sleeping though Ang...but I'm sure it will just wake me up more as I grin at your wit!

Enchantress is wonderful - so timeless & strong looking. I so wanna be you when I grow up!!!

rosebud101 said...

Ang, All I can say is WOW! She's amazing!

Sweetwater Designs said...

she is beautiful as always Ang...
Gold enamels!? oh my...I need some of that! ♥

BEADNIK (petra.janssen) said...

BEAUTIFUL golden sparkle ...!

I had to think about a maharajah when I saw "her" first.

Seems as if I'm enchanted ... :)

artemissne said...

she is gorgeous... :-)

Sitecounter