Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Um, Yeah. . . Now I Have a Good Idea What They Were Plotting

Remember the other day when I was wondering why my children so desperately wanted Mommy to torch? Uh, huh, they were up to no good. No hard evidence for that time, but I can tell you what happened last night while I was reading (instead of torching, because I had one of those Mom feelings):
I'm in the bedroom reading, and all of a sudden I lose my hearing. No sound. I wiggle my toes to make sure I can hear that little whish-whish sound. I can hear it, so maybe I didn't just lose my hearing. I listen closely again. No sound of James' fingers tapping the keyboard while he plays a game or designs his own special Mustang or Camaro (check out Ford or Chevy sometime, it is fun). No Hannah Montana from the television, and no sound of Kate singing or digging through my desk drawers in search of craft goodies. I tiptoe around the bedroom corner to see what has happened and find my children watching the one television show forbidden to them. . . Family Guy. . . with the sound muted. . . they are attempting to read cartoon lips and are having a whispered argument about what the characters are saying.
Well, as they say, that's that. Soon as I can find the remote and actually figure out the different user options, they'll be able to watch television again. . .all four or five channels ;-)

7 comments:

Sue H-K said...

LOL...sounds like my house! Only they would be trying to watch Two and a Half Men!

angelinabeadalina said...

LOL, Sue! Well, I have to admit that we don't have a lot of restrictions, but Family Guy (riot that it is if you're a grownup) is one they know is off limits. . .so they gravitate toward it. Figures, huh?

Deb said...

LOL! Sneaksy little people - sneaky but transparent. And kids wonder how we know.....I love that part. They think they're so grown up, but so naive ;o)

We always had 'off limits' programs here too, & yep - the kiddo's always tried to get around it. Funny thing is if Gabriela stays at a friends place the night & they have DVD's out - she will always ring me & check if she can watch anything that has a rating slightly above her age group.lol

Not entirely sure why - because at home she watches NCIS & Bones & such with me & the Mailleman.

rosebud101 said...

That is absolutely wonderful plotting on their parts. They just forgot about the Mother's Rule Book. The Mother's Rule book clearly states that we do not plot to get Mom to torch so we can watch Family Guy. My children still don't believe in this book, but we Mom's know, it's real!

Ellen said...

That sneaky nature will take those two far.

BEADNIK (petra.janssen) said...

LOL ... thanks, for sharing ...!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

As a fan of both Family Guy and South Park... They are not kid friendly shows.. Family Guy especially can be very violent (for no apparent reason sometimes)... the sort of thing that would give me nightmares... the adult content I figure little kids won't 'get' it and so it doesn't really matter that much.

Sitecounter