Friday, August 28, 2009

Here's What I Have to Say Today, or Feel Free to Chime in and Make This Interesting :)


  • If you've got any good jokes or one-liners searching for a place to light for a minute, slap 'em down in the comments. I'm thinking we can all use all the giggles we can get :) On a related note, the only knock-knock joke I can ever remember is the banana/banana/orange one. How about you?

  • My children requested AC/DC songs for their wakeup music this morning. Is it just me, or is there really something funny about listening to Brian Johnson shriek that early in the morning? Seriously, I laughed. Couldn't help it, it was just kind of surreal.

  • White pizza for supper tonight. Stack it up like this, and then bake until golden: pizza crust (you know I'm gonna rely on the DoughBoy for that one, but homemade would be even better), garlic powder and black pepper, ricotta cheese in a thick but not too thick to bake quickly layer (anywhere from a thin smear to a quarter or half inch), more garlic and pepper, whatever white "pizza/Italian" cheese you have on hand (mozerella, shredded parmesan, one of those four cheese mixes, etc-- but I wouldn't add swiss or limburger, if I were you, LOL), and a few pepperoni or mushrooms if you're so inclined.

  • Nice people are good.

  • Mutts, aka Heinz 57 pound puppies, are my favorite "breed" of dog. One of my children wants a golden retriever, the other one wants a collie (or a huskey or a wiener dog or anything instantly recognizable as one particular breed), and my hubby is a cat person. Wonder what we'll end up with when we do add another pet? Oh, and my children say I am not allowed to name any new pets when we do get one "because you always get to pick out names." I've learned to nod my head and silently cross my fingers at that one because I like creative, imaginative pet names that suit the particular animal. . .Mom ain't budging in her stance against "I wanna name him Max because that's the number one popular name"!

  • Read. It's good for your brain and your heart :)

  • I don't want to wear socks ever again. If we can have winter without me having to put on socks, then I'm on board. If that can't be arranged, then you'll recognize me as the woman traipsing through the snow in Croc-flops and striped fuzzy socks.

  • That's all. . . for now. . . you know I never really shut up for long! Have a Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Linda said...

* Starbucks coffee in the morning after a 4 mile walk. Venti, non fat, carmel machiato. YUM

* Dead air in the car ride home from work after a looonngg day.

* Daydreaming. Lots of daydreaming.

angelinabeadalina said...

I especially like the daydreaming, Linda. Mallory even posted about the creative advantages of daydreaming in her blog yesterday! (http://rosebud101-fortheloveofbeads.blogspot.com/2009/08/day-dreaming-do-you.html)

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Little Boy Blue
Litle Boy Blue who?
Michael Jackson...

I know that's bad... but it cracked me up...

Sitecounter