Tuesday, September 8, 2009

To the Woman Working at Highway 62 McDonald's

Thank You
You probably won't remember doing this, but I will remember your kind service! Pulling through a drive-thru for food or coffee is one of those things that hardly ever warrants much attention on the customer's part after the fact, but I think I need to make sure other customers know that you exist. All I ordered was an iced coffee with an extra shot of espresso (I needed my coffee hit, don'tcha know).
You brought my order to the window as you finished stirring it, and you said as you handed me a straw,
"Please taste this, and make sure I got it right before you leave."
Do you know how rare you are? Do you have any idea how many times I have wanted to walk behind the counter and ring up my own order because cashiers were too busy talking to wait on the customer? Oh, not at your particular McD's-- I'm talking in general terms. Do you know how nice it is to have someone thank you for being a customer, thank you with a smile and kind service?
I hope your boss knows how nice you are :)

6 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Isn't that nice? You got the best of customer service, Ang!

Sharon Driscoll said...

She is a gem! Call her boss or send a note...there's always a number on the drive through window. Doesn't it just make your day? I think we ought to start a random act of kindness week!

BEADNIK (petra.janssen) said...

THANK YOU, Angie -

... for the words you write.

I really enjoy comin' here to catch up on your spirit of life. I know that your family loves you all over the place ... and ... so do I ... :)

Hugz & kizzez from another sunny place,

Petra

angelinabeadalina said...

Hugz & kizzez backatcha, PEtra and Mallory and Sharon and everyone else, too, for that matter :) Thanks for coming to visit even though I'm slacking in the virtual world! Sharon, that McD's is near my mom and dad's, but I've been thinking I really need to look up the phone number and just give the manager a call.

Sheila Morley said...

Isn't it awesome to have customer service?
It has been like that everywhere I go lately. With the Economy how it is, I see many awesomely educated talented people stepping out of what they are trained to do, and finding a job, and keeping the pride in what they do. Big UPS to them. It is those people that set a wonderful example for everybody...ya know. (I donno if that was one of those people, but I just happened to have that thought today.)
Hugs!! (Still quietly stalking...;-)
sheila

angelinabeadalina said...

Sheila, I think you're right about a lot of talented people doing what they have to do, including taking jobs in which you'd never expect to see them. No matter what their job, they are going to do it well.

P.S. Hugs backatcha, chickadee :)

Sitecounter