Sunday, September 13, 2009

Uh, Oh! Don't Tell Me They Are Playing Truth or Dare Again!


Mother and I were on the phone, catching up on the weekend's events. Pop had just gotten done describing the Hi and Lois Sunday cartoon that fit James and Katie to a T. Something about Dot liking the new school year very well. . .and Ditto responding that he didn't like it at all, in fact, he felt the way to describe it was to say something like, "my nightmare is just beginning." Boy, considering all the battles so far about whether or not the little boy needs to wear his glasses, all the reprimands about not having to like girl cooties but definitely having to show respect to the girls, and well, that's all I'm going to write about that.
In the middle of Mother's rundown of who did what last week, I hear noises from my own bathroom. Noises like the sound of shampoo bottles and such being removed from the back of the toilet tank, noises I don't usually expect to hear from my bathroom unless I'm in there cleaning. The noises got louder and had the distinct chalky clank of a toilet tank top being scooted.
********
Me: What. Are. You. Doing??
******
Them: nothing.
*******
Me: Uh, uh. What. Are. You. Doing??
*******
Them: we said nothing.
************
Me: One more time. WHAT ARE YOU DOING??
*******
Them: playing truth or dare.
***********
Me: And what does that have to do with the toilet tank??
*********
Them: i dared her to take a drink of toilet water. yep, he dared me.
**
**
**
**
**
**
When will I ever learn not to ask these questions?

2 comments:

Deb said...

ROFL! Ang - we never learn....& neither do they!

Ellen said...

Their faces tell it all.

Sitecounter