Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Hoooooooowwwwwwwl-o-ween!

What happened to the spooky, rainy, dreary, Goth-inspired weather? We've had vampire weather for the last week. Today, the sun is shining brightly! Of course, the water still standing in the rows of the bean fields will simply be a swampy deterrent to zombies :) Can't you just see a rotting zombie body trying to walk across a field of boot-sucking mud? "Oops, there goes my left foot! Ouch, there goes my right!"

Seriously, I think I could write an entire post about mud, but I won't. I won't because my writing muse doesn't do well with this borrowed online time thing. I like to stew a bit, let the words simmer in my noggin. I write, backspace, then rewrite the same thing over again, only to decide on a better sentence hours later. That's a difference between words/paper and glass/flame. Torching is much more immediate, with some room for wiggle but only within a short time frame. Writing is always open for revision. Torching is always open for re-creating-- revising, not so much. Both are good for the soul :)

And there's my segue back into Halloween-- "soul." I do hope you do something good for your soul this Halloween/All Saints Day weekend. I'm sure there's another essay hiding in that dichotomy; I just know there's lots to explore there. Once again, I've been thinking about spirituality, organized religion, and how the two are, or are not, entwined. When I figure that out (and save the world at the same time, LOL), there's sure to be another lengthy, rambling essay from me. In the meantime, have a Happy Halloween! Find joy in life! Have fun!

4 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Happy Halloween, Ang!

nate and mona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gaffergirls.com said...

hi sweetie...
lots of faith and spirituality here..
no need for the rest..
miss ya ..
you into that new house yet?
mona & the girls

angelinabeadalina said...

Hi, guys! Into the house, yes. Everything put away, organized, or even found? Not yet :)

Sitecounter