Thursday, October 22, 2009

Welcome to the Dungeon. . .aka Ang's Library 2 B


Books. . . I have them.
Books. . . I love them.
Books. . . I miss them when they aren't within reach.
Flipping through pages of a gardening book in search of a familiar plant with a name that's hovering at the tip of your tongue, browsing a glass technique volume and keeping track of the names you've met online, or hunting through books of symbols for the perfect outline sketch to use as the base of a new design, no matter what I'm looking to find in a book, I am rarely disappointed.
Books. . . I want mine out of their boxes.
Books. . . no one else in our house is concerned about bookshelves the way I am.
Books. . . I'm unpacking mine in the basement and turning one end of those sublimely empty shelves into Ang's Dungeon Library.
I've always been a bit of a hobbit, so my little library will be a cozy home within our home for me :)

4 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Books! I love them, too!

Ellen said...

As long as your basement is dry, it looks like a great spot.

betsymn said...

Yup, know what you mean. I've got books in 3 BRs, LR, studio & basement. This winter I want my nephews to build some floor to ceiling bookshelves and get them all in one room, cataloged and organized. Will it ever get done? Who knows?

angelinabeadalina said...

Ah, those bookshelves sound wonderful, Betsy!

Ellen, thank goodness, I think it's a dry basement, no sign of moisture during these last weeks of heavy rain. My Aunt Carol left me a message on Facebook that she lost a bunch of books one time because of moisture in the basement-- so I plan to keep an eye on it and be ready to move them if the humidity is too high down there.

Sitecounter