Sunday, November 15, 2009

Have Any Hide 'n Seek Memories?

The kiddos are playing hide 'n seek again this morning. Remember playing that? Is there really anything more fun than a good game of hide 'n seek, one with lots of sneaky players and lots of good hiding spots? Torie hid under the shirts in Uncle Ricky's closet last night, and James walked past and looked in at her at least twice without finding her. I couldn't resist peeking in the closet when I heard the slightest "ting" from hangers swinging against each other. James hid under the stairs in the basement, and Kate and Torie searched "The Dungeon" gingerly after I told Kate that the noises she heard might be a mouse under the stairs. Right now, Torie is giving James and Kate another challenge. Oops! Just heard the screech of recognition when Torie popped her head out from the hallway. Time for another game to begin!

You know what I remember about hide 'n seek? I remember playing it with Tracy and my brother and sister at the Isgrigg's house. Tracy was an Isgrigg grandchild, but the younger children weren't a whole lot older than us. . .just older enough to not want to play hide 'n seek, but not too old to not want to be bothered with the game. It's been a long time ago, and my memory is not always crystal clear, but it seems like some of the best scares came from the teenagers jumping out of a closet unexpectedly and from hearing the "this hallway is haunted" stories. The details are dim, but I can still close my eyes and "feel" like I am standing in that hallway wondering whether anyone was in the closet in front of me. What fun!

So, howzabout you? Got any good hide 'n seek memories or tricky tips for winning the game?

4 comments:

rosebud101 said...

The memories are hiding from me right now. I only wish I could remember!

angelinabeadalina said...

Heehee, Mallory!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

I remember playing with my baby brother... who was 10 years younger than me... he was SO BAD at hiding.. like an ostrich he'd lay on the sofa and put a cushion over his head and thought he was hidden... to make the game fun we'd pretend we couldn't find him... until he'd finally... pop out and say "Here I am"... it was fun.

angelinabeadalina said...

That's too funny, Elaine!

Sitecounter