Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry, Merry!

Merry, Merry!
Peace and Joy to All!
If it seems I've been remiss in posting lately, well, I have. Dial-up hates my Toshiba and refuses to recognize its modem, even after I bought a USB modem just in case the Toshiba really doesn't have one. Wireless aircard prices freak out my frugal husband (although he didn't seem to have a problem spending dough on a new t.v.). . .and despite my sore attitude about the tv trumping internet, I keep crossing my fingers and hoping somebody will provide DSL or something on our side of the railroad track because the aircards are kind of pricey. So, here I sit at the library, checking email and occasionally logging on to Facebook. Given the true heartaches and hardships that can happen, having my internet access in a place where my writing muse refuses to visit is not a situation worthy of complaint.
BUT...
Ha! You knew that "but" was coming, didn't you? "But" I miss my friends from all across the country and all around the world. "But" I could never make all the phone calls and keep up with all the things I see about my cousins and nieces and old classmates on Facebook. "But" I miss sharing glass talk with other people who know what a torch is and how I got that hole in the middle of the bead. "But" I like to glance at the news blurbs on Yahoo and check the weather forecast at a moment's notice. So. There. I'll pout if I want to pout.
ANYWAY...
Things always have a way of working out for the best, working out to be what you didn't know you needed at the time.
SO...
I'm waving at every single one of you who comes by to see what's up these days :)
I'm wishing each of you lots of happy family times during the holidays!
I'm thinking I might explode if the muse doesn't learn to write at the library-- too many good stories and, as always, a few raving rants are waiting to be splashed onto the page :)
TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELVES!
KNOW THAT I MISS ALL YOUR BLOGS AND LOOK FORWARD TO CATCHING UP SOON!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Ang - I miss you too! I so hope that you, the frugal (when it comes to internet) one & the kiddos have a happy, safe & Merry Christmas & a prosperous 2010 <---- good grief that is saying that the new millennium is into double figures...eeeeek!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Merry Christmas to you and all the cousins and family out there... thanks for the tip on the wimpy kid books... I liked them so much I got some for the grandson and the granddaughter... hope they like them as much as Kate did.

Sheila Morley said...

hey there sista! It has been a while...
I have a check for ya, are you still at the PO box 28?
I have been way out of the loop...busy, but things are good.
Peashout!
Sheila Morley

Sitecounter