Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yodeling Yellow Yaks Yo-Yo'ing During Yoga Yesterday

That's what an afternoon in kindergarten will do for you-- beckon strange earworms into your head to stay until they are chased away by "Her name was Lo-la" or "I fell into a burning ring of fire." So, gentle readers (I've always wanted to write that), welcome to the world of Y words. I hope your stay is a pleasant one :)

Remember the fun of meeting Miss A and Mr. R and all those other crazy alphabet characters? Remember when you could feel the wheels turning in your brain and the words you wanted came miraculously tumbling out of your mouth? Remember the awesome feeling of being able to name five words that begin with the letter ____? It's fun! It's sheer joy for someone who loves words as much as I do!




And it's slightly annoying when you can't switch modes after leaving the school building, LOL! As I drove down the main street of the small town where I've been subbing, I had to wonder how many other grownups in their cars were trying to think of more words that begin with Y. Was that woman fiddling with her phone at the stoplight really trying to find a thesarus or dictionary app so she could find more Y words? Was that guy scratching his head, instead of driving at least the posted speed limit, really just stumped because he couldn't remember what animal names begin with Y? Yeah. Don't think so.

Nope, it was probably just me cruising along at 45 and fiddling with yo-yo's and yaks and yellows and yodelers and yoga and YESTERDAY. . .AHA! Yesterday, all my troubles were so far away. . .hmm, sounds familiar! Oh, yeah, the Beatles to the rescue! I have my new earworm, and I wish you luck with your Y list :)

3 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Yup! Yesterday's post was not yucky.
Dang it! Now, I have to write down more Y words!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Oh thanks... if you see me at a stop sign today... I'll be trying to think of Y words... yellow jackets and yarn and...you... yes... you... yes...
Thanks a bunch LOL

angelinabeadalina said...

Yeti. Yawn. Yard. Yule. Yikes!Oops, better quit before it starts again, LOL!

Sitecounter