Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Takes Me to a Happy Place


This picture takes me to a happy place. Is it purely mom-tuition working it's magic on me? Because those are Kate's hands, because I was there in the sunlight with her to take the picture, and because I think that monochromatic "happiness" on the bracelet works as an almost subliminal hint, then my brain connects to this picture.

Kate and I went to feed the geese and ducks at a park one afternoon last fall while the boys were busy. We doled out stale bread to the masses. We laughed at the bossiest gander in the world bossing around every other fowl from lowly duck to regal swan. We gingerly stepped around fowl poop all along the built-up path that divides the small lake. She happily hung her head over the edge of the little (and steep) bridge that allows the water to flow between the halves. I quickly scooted up and over the bridge to the other side so I could take a breath :) We watched the ground for pretty feathers and watched the lake for interesting photo opportunities.

One glance at this pic, and my brain is smiling :)

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Ang, the memories are wonderful!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

What a sweet picture! It's funny how our eye somehow catches all the nuances we don't realize we're including when we take a photo - like the bracelet "happiness." Thanks for sharing it with us!

Sitecounter