Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Chewing on My Own Tongue

I have been biting my tongue for months now. I've been lambasted as being a "liberal" for most of my adult life. Now, when I don't like the health care mess, I am suddenly lumped together with every card-carrying conservative? Sorry, but I don't blindly follow any party lines, be they liberal or conservative.
I don't like insurance companies-- never have, probably never will. If you pay for insurance, you shouldn't be dropped or have your rates jacked up because you actually have to use the insurance...sound very conservative to you?
I don't trust the government to provide health care in an efficient and beneficial manner. Exactly which government programs are good examples of why I should be comfortable with the government taking over health care? Postal service? VA hospitals? Public schools? Social security (for which I have no choice but to pay the taxes, but which may not be solvent by the time I retire)? Does all of that sound very liberal to you?
PLEASE, do not assume you know someone else's political preferences just because they are or are not in favor of one particular plan.
PLEASE, remember we are each entitled to our own opinions. Express yours, and allow everyone else to express theirs, as well.

3 comments:

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

I agree! The government doesn't need to have their fingers in this piece of the pie. They can't handle what they have.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

You sound like a libertarian to me... or maybe you're just an American with a bit more COMMON SENSE than the folks in charge these days. They're using a ballistic missile to kill a rat... when what they really needed is a rat trap... a simple rat trap.

angelinabeadalina said...

You got it, Tari.



LOL, Elaine, you know a simple rat trap doesn't cost enough $$$ to be effective ;-)

Sitecounter