Thursday, April 1, 2010

So, Can You Do This?


Of course, you can. Maybe, the question shouldn't be "Can you do this?". Maybe, the question should be "Can you stand to look at someone else do this?".

I'm pretty sure Kate has no problem doing this, as well as a wide assortment of look-at-me-cross-my-eyes-this-way tricks. I'm also fairly certain that she has no problem looking at pictures of herself doing these tricks that make me cringe!

Oh, I don't worry that her eyes will get stuck that way. I know some people believe that old wives' tale, but that isn't what makes me cringe. I cringe because it's freaky weird to look into your seven year old's sweet face and see that eye-less eyeball where you know a beautiful light blue eye should be, ya know? Another freaky favorite of hers is the cross-your-eyes-then-make-one-eye-zip-to-the-outer-corner-by-itself dealio. . . yikes!


3 comments:

Ellen said...

I have a friend that used to do that all the time when we were kids. He'd flip both lids up and leave them that way while he talked to you.
Had dinner with him last night; should have asked if he can do it.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

eeek Save this picture Mom... and give it to her when she's in her 50's (like my Mom did to me)... then she'll really LOVE it.

angelinabeadalina said...

I'll bet he can still do it, Ellen. When I read your comment, it triggered a memory of a kid in grade school who used to do that, too-- yech! I can still see the red corners of the inside of his eyelids, LOL.

Oh, yeah, there will be plenty of those pictures with this one, Elaine... This picture will go really well with some of the ones of her with a fake rubber worm hanging out of her nose!

Sitecounter