Friday, May 28, 2010

Better Lock Your Car at the Little League Game!

You may have done it years ago. Heck, you might even still do it nowadays, depending on where you live. I'm talking about leaving your car doors unlocked. I don't do it, haven't for years because I don't want some lunatic waiting in the backseat when I hop in the car. That's just me and my overactive imagination, though.

Lots of people in small communities still don't lock their doors, but I have one or two unexpected reasons why that should change.



Here's one of the reasons:


Yep, that's just Kate. She's harmless. The other reason is her friend, C. They're both harmless, funny little 8 year olds. They don't care what the inside of your car looks like, they don't want to swipe your electronics, and as far as I know, neither one knows how to hotwire a vehicle. . . but you still might want to lock your car doors at the Little League game, if only to save these two a little embarrassment.

Last night, K and C were playing while their brothers were on the Little League field playing baseball. (Damiansville won, by the way! Go, D-ville!) K had me unlock our van so she could get her water bottle, show C a toy, put away her scooter, yada, yada, yada. Much to her dismay, I wouldn't let them stay in the van and locked it after they got out.

A little while later, I'm checking on these two, and they are telling me that C's mom got a new phone! They are amazed at this new information! I act appropriately impressed. They go to the bleachers to tell C's mom that they like her new phone.




C's mom is a little puzzled and says, "Why do you think I have a new phone?"

The girls say, "We saw it! It was in the car! We couldn't get it to turn on, though!"

C's mom asks the girls which car they mean.

The girls point to a silver SUV.

C's mom smiles and says, "That's not our car. Our car is parked on the other end of the lot."



Hee hee. . . there were a few embarrassed giggles :-)

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Oh. That is such a great cautionary tale! I imagine there was some nervous giggling, but it is far better that 8 year olds were involved than 18 or 28 year olds! Good story. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the day! Erin

Sharon Driscoll said...

That is the best laugh I've had all day...what a snort! Having a Kate of my own, I get it! And, my doors are always locked too. Go team.

Radu Prisacaru – UK Internet Marketer & Web Developer said...

I’ve just subscribed to your RSS feed. I love your content. I invite you to see my post, I hope you will find interesting too.

Sitecounter