Saturday, October 30, 2010

Lessons in Life


Lesson #4,742:
Well, actually, this could be Lessons #4,742-4,746 or so. This picture brings to mind a bunch of different little blurbs.
For instance, Lesson #4,742 could indeed be that oak trees do not care whether (or when) other trees have changed colors. Oak trees are apparently stubborn like that. They will also hold on to their leaves long after the poplars are bare and the pines have shed beaucoup needles.
This observation leads to Lesson #4,743: Don't worry about raking the yard until all of the trees have lost their leaves. The poplars were losing them so quickly that the ground I had just raked would be covered again in an hour. I put away the rake. I'm waiting.
Lesson #4,744: If you sit under an oak in autumn, then you should not be surprised when an acorn falls on your head. Ask Katie. She knows from personal experience. She said it didn't hurt, so I don't feel so bad telling you it was actually funny to watch... exactly like a cartoon scene, it was.
Lesson #4,745: Frost is beautiful, but it is not easily captured in a photograph. I know. This was supposed to be a stunning photograph of a frosted leaf sparkling in the morning sunlight. Ha.
Corollary to #4,745: Don't forget to put down the darn camera and actually look at what you're attempting to capture. Otherwise, you're going to miss a lot of beautiful tidbits from Nature! The sparkles were spectacular in person, by the way.
Lesson #4,746: If you mess around too long writing your blog, instead of straightening the house as you planned, you may run out of time.
Corollary to #4,746: Ain't no corollary, really. I just need to say I better finish up here and zoom through the house one time! Bet I won't get to come back from the Fall Festival stuff and clean up before Parade time, and then family is coming to spend the night (and hopefully not look at the dust I let grow this week!). Have a terrific Halloween weekend, Everyone!

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Thank you for sharing these lessons today. I needed to hear them.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

rosebud101 said...

Happy Halloween, to you, too, Ang.
I have found that acorns like to dive bomb me. I don't even need to be near a tree!

angelinabeadalina said...

Boy, I sure do wish there was some practical use for all the acorns we have this year!

Sitecounter