Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tooooooooo Spooooooooooooky for Halloooooooween?

This is too spooky for words, my friends. This 'fraidy cat to beat all 'fraidy cats has come to a decision. I am no longer afraid of the dark. Ghosts, apparitions, aliens, and strange unidentified creatures can rest easy now, knowing that I feel no need to rid the world of them. It's Halloween, and all that scares me is. . . humans.

If the ghost of my Grandma or my Granny could appear and give me a real hug, then I would revert to my old fears because that would mean bad spirits could also touch me. It hasn't happened yet, even though I've wished for it so many times in my life. So, that's it, in a nutshell. It sure took me a long enough time to figure out this one!

Whatever scares you, try looking at it from a different angle. You might still be scared, but who knows? You also might chip away at the fear, creating a new handhold for courage.

That's my Halloween thought for the day. It's certainly not spooky in the conventional way, but sometimes "a-ha!" moments regarding real life sneak up on us and spook our brain with their uncanny appearance :) Hope all of your tricks have been balanced with lots of treats this Halloween! Nighty-night!

6 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Thanks, Ang. My tricks have gotten a lot of treats to balance them out.

Sweetwater Designs said...

fraidy cat? you? glass thrower extrordinare? really..never would've thunk it.

angelinabeadalina said...

Good deal for real, Mallory! Balance deserves more mention than it gets, and I'm definitely coming to appreciate it in all things big or small :)

Heehee, Deb, I was in a hurry writing that, or I could've added plenty of "Angie the 'fraidy cat" tales!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Fear is essential to survival... it's that primitive instinctive warning that something is fixing to EAT you... people have BAD night vision, things that EAT people have GOOD night vision... I rest my case... in case wild animals lurk in the shadows to eat me, I carry a flashlight, and leave the light on in the bathroom at night, so I'm NEVER in the dark... because I am afraid.. but I embrace my fear and justify it :-)

angelinabeadalina said...

Funny you should mention wild animals lurking, Elaine. When I went for a walk around a short trail at a state park today, I got a little spooked by something moving in the bushes under the trees... I am happy to report that I finally figured out it was a small animal, not a strange human lurking... whew! I have to agree with embracing my fear of living critters that don't know me!

angelinabeadalina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Sitecounter