Friday, November 12, 2010

Ignore That Mess Behind the Curtain...

If that title makes you think of The Wizard of Oz, then you and I are now on the same wavelength for a few minutes! Don't be scared, it's not you that's a little warped, your mind just veered a bit because I dangled the Emerald City on the end of a stick. Oh, but I do love to watch "The Wizard of Oz," and I do love the man behind the curtain and his all too human attempt to control his world!

What is this "mess" that you are supposed to ignore? I'll tell ya. It's all the junk and overgrown patches of weeds in the spot that tried to be my garden this year. The spot isn't to blame for my shortcomings, though, in case you're wondering. I put out the garden. I made mistakes. I neglected things when I didn't know what to do with them. Now that Jack Frost off'ed the last of the atomicblasthardy cherry tomatoes, it's time for me to clean up, clear out, and generally put things to bed for the winter. The wheelbarrow with tiny pebble rock that I moved from one place and didn't get to another place has to be emptied. The fire ring that had to be relocated so we can have a nice apron and drive to the new pole building has to be tidied and filled in anticipation of a good burn day. All the makeshift stakes and mini-umbrellas have to be picked up and put away for re-use next year. The stray plastic hand tools that were made to withstand weather deserve a wipe and a dry spot in the shed. That's the mess behind the curtain.

See, the mess is just the backdrop for this trip to see the wizard. Honestly, I'm not sure why I got off on the tangent of Emerald Cities and Wizards! What I was thinking about is cleaning up my mess and having a little fun, too. This past summer, I gathered wishes from friends and family on Facebook and then gave those wishes a real world send-off into the Universe. One time, I wrote everyone's wishes on great long scraps of paperboard left from the building crew when they put up our new shed. Then, I rolled the scraps and burnt them, watching the wishes turn to ash and spread into the sky. Another time, I wrote wishes on leaves and let them fly away on the breeze. This time, I'm going to gather wishes and dreams and requests from everyone, use markers to color them onto a dead branch that needs to be burnt, and then put that branch into the fire (after it rains! we're much to dry here to be burning leaves and branches and such right now).

So, you wanna join me? What's your wish? Do you have a request for someone else? Would you like to just have your name thrown into the pile and say your wish silently to yourself? Whatever you'd like to do, you're welcome to join! Please, leave a comment so I know what to add for you... and everyone who reads it will be virtually joining hands with you and extending your wish!

13 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Health for my family!

angelinabeadalina said...

You've got it, Mallory!

Deb said...

World Peace might be a big ask, but I'd really love if the people in Haiti could get a break!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

My wish, is that people looking for and needing a job find one, and not just any job a really good job that fills their heart with pride in accomplishment and their pockets with enough coins to provide for their needs and a few wants and nice to haves.

My wish is probably just as tough as Whirled Peas... isn't it... but that's what wishing is about isn't it?

Sharon Driscoll said...

World Peace seems too grand! I would like to wish for everyone to do a Random Act of Kindness for another person - and for those who receive one to Pay it Forward.

Sweetwater Designs said...

Hey there Angelina...all the very Best to you in the upcoming 2011.Joy peace and success to you and yours.

~Deborah

Anonymous said...

Нло и непознанное http://taini-nlo.ru

Anonymous said...

Супер современные новости http://новостипланеты.рф

Anonymous said...

Супер современные новости http://новостипланеты.рф

Anonymous said...

все о науке http://novnauki.ru

Anonymous said...

Библиотека для всех http://sunduchokknig.ru

Anonymous said...

Добро пожаловать на сайт http://эространа.рф качественные фото девушек.

Anonymous said...

remont remont-kvartirok.tk Заходите на http://remont-kvartiri.pp.ua[url=http://remont-kvartirki.pp.ua/]remont-kvartir v Zaporozhyeurl:vsjstroika.ucoz.ru | url:www.vsjstroika.ucoz.ru | site:vsjstroika.ucoz.ru

Sitecounter