Wednesday, June 22, 2011

InvisiCat Is Sitting in My Chair... Again!

This is Shadow. He's our stray tomcat du summer. Yeah, that's right, looks like we'll probably be blessed with one every summer at this house. Bet the cat hobos left some kind of mark on the mailbox post. Last summer's Osiris was gone by winter, so we'll see how long Shadow graces us with his attention.


He is pretty cute, although he does keep sneaking onto the good lawn chairs instead of sticking to this cheap blue plastic one in the picture below:




I'm calling him InvisiCat this morning because he blends in so well with the tan, black, and white chair that I overlooked him. Then, he seemed to be pretending to ignore me while I was taking his picture. Apparently, he's practicing not hearing me tell him to get out of the good chairs! So, the gorgeous closeup of cat-ignore-the-human-itude had to be the one I posted for this blog entry. Isn't he pretty?


He's also craftier than I realized. When I woke up in the middle of the night, I spied him digging in the cat food bag and serving himself. The top of the cat food bag was rolled up and tucked under to keep it shut, but he had it unrolled and was sticking his head inside, one bite at a time. Gotta love the fortitude and forthrightness of a stray cat. You've got food and shelter, I need it, looks like we might as well be family :-)









2 comments:

one-eared pig said...

I love this picture! What a face; he looks so content.

angelinabeadalina said...

Thanks, he is a pretty laid back cat... content most of the time!

Sitecounter