Tuesday, July 19, 2011

everythingBUTtheKITCHENsink-cakes!



Well, maybe, these pancakes didn't have that much stuff in them. After all, I look at the counters in the kitchen and still see things on them, so the search for ingredients wasn't a complete clean sweep :)


Actually, I've been trying to get back into the habit of eating more good food than junky food, but pancakes were calling my name. Loudly. They were calling my fruit/veggie/meat-eating name, and my tummy was echoing their cry!


Good food was starting to establish itself as king of the cupboard for a bit there, but cakey sweets were sabotaging the regime. Once again, the phrase "moderation is the key" crops up in my life. Cold turkey is fine... on toast... with mayo and pickles... but it's not the best way to change the eating habits of a person like me. Soooo, time to balance the not-so-great aspects of pancakes with lots of good-for-you ingredients. Today's tasty try: pancakes with fresh blueberries, walnut chips, and enough cinnamon to turn them brown.


What about you? Like pancakes? Favorite recipes? Throw it all in here :)

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

I LOVE pancakes!!!!! Sadly now that I'm gluten free, I have to get the GF mixes and they just aren't as good as the regular kitchen sink pancakes! Those look delicious!!!!!

angelinabeadalina said...

:( Dangit, I hope you run across a better GF mix in the future. Surely, the companies that produce these kinds of things will continue tweaking until the GF stuff tastes better.

Sitecounter