Friday, July 8, 2011

Giant, Rose-Colored Flashlight... Shine It!

Blogger wouldn't let me load the pictures of mine and Bubby's pond raking adventure, so I browsed and found this photo of the sunset from a few weeks ago. At the time, I had trouble finding the right words to describe the sky's message that evening. Guess what? I still don't know exactly how to put it into words, but when did that ever stop me from trying?


Do I believe the sky literally sends us messages? Wellllllll, yes and no. Yes, because the message of hail or tornadoes or lightning is a fairly clear one warning us to take cover from actual physical harm. Yes, because a sunlit, cloudless sky is another fairly clear message about what we can do in the world at that time. No, because I've never heard a cloud or raindrops speak actual words (so you can rest assured, for now, that I've not gone completely over the deep end yet).


But if you think about it, then you are likely to agree that messages don't have to be in the form of actual words, voices, signs, etc. Messages can be brought to us from things that catch our mind's eye and set the wheels of thought and intuition in motion. I can believe in those messages, and I love to look for them in the sky. It's an endless fascination.


So, what about this rose-colored flashlight in the sky? It practically begs you to imagine your God or Mother Nature or Spirit holding it and shining it around the world, doesn't it? It almost has to be a beckoning call for optimists, doesn't it? It must need to be a reminder that we are able to choose to shine a rose-colored light on situations at will, wouldn't you think?


With that in mind, I hope you shine your light today... the world can use as many rose-colored flashlights revealing as much goodness as possible!

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

Great thoughts, as always, Ang! Glad you're back to blogging!

Sitecounter