Monday, August 15, 2011

Run Away and Join the Carnival?

No, I don't really want to run away and join the carnival... but I wouldn't mind if the people who made these rides were local and needed an apprentice in the paint shop! Look at the colors! Look at the gorgeously gaudy lights and designs!

By the way, this Sphinx boat ride had the kids squealing with delight because the boat almost stood on end at the top of its swing. Katie told me she could feel herself being lifted off the seat. Our friend Eileen, who stayed on the ground with the rest of us grownups, told me she saw Katie being lifted off her seat. I wouldn't know. I had to stop watching. It was either that, or have a panic attack because Kate was on one end seat and James was on the other end seat. Yep. Swing to the right, and mom alerts are on danger overload. Swing to the left, danger overload again.




You know I've been lazy with cameras for the past year. It's sooooo convenient to simply use the camera on my phone. There is the little problem of the pause between touching the button and the shutter releasing, though. This was the best pic of the dragon rollercoaster on the move. Oh, what a spectacular, splendiferous sight was that dragon and its pagoda!


Finally, here is a midway shot of the Himalaya carnival ride. Take the colors in these images, multiply them exponentially by 47, and you'll have an idea of how lovely the colors were at dusk at the St. Clair County Fair last Friday night.
Ahhhhh... sigh... Wouldn't it be fun to help build and decorate all those rides?






1 comment:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

What fun for you and the kids... I haven't been to a carnival... well since my daughter was a child.. and that was a long, long, time ago in a galaxy far far away....
Great shots with your phone LOL

Sitecounter