Friday, September 23, 2011

'Midst Lovely Autumn's Tears


'Midst lovely autumn's tears, I will walk the path of restoration. I will scoot my feet along the seeding grass, kicking the colorful leaves of memories, looking for meanings and divinations like so many hidden acorns waiting for the squirrels. From autumn's front walkway, summer's abandoned list of needs is still apparent, and I will sort them as I saunter toward the porch. From autumn's creaking porch swing, winter's rest will beckon, and I will nod sleepily. Autumn will be a lazy afternoon of life, the napping and daydreaming afternoon we need between summers and winters. The balm of intermittent soft showers and faint golden sunlight heals our restlessness and soothes our spirit.


To the casual eye, Nature appears to be dying in autumn, but those who watch have seen the seeds being cast from the trees and plants. Autumn in really a time of rest and restoration of the soul, a time to review the growth of spring and summer, a time to prune and shelter that which must grow again come spring.




3 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Wow Angie, that was so poetic, and beautifully said. Fall is one of my favorite seasons, cool crisp days, lovely yellow, gold, orange and red leaves... so much color before the grey days of winter.

Sharon Driscoll said...

Pretty profound Angie! You make me consider "pruning" in a whole different context.

angelinabeadalina said...

It's a favorite of mine, too, Elaine! I am trying to give all seasons their due, and I think I've been progressing... ah, but fall is special, there's no denying it makes me feel good. Sharon, come to think of it, I've been pruning a few not so great habits lately, instead of trying to cut them out cold turkey.

Sitecounter