Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Project of the Week: Her Name Is Breaking Free

Her name is Breaking Free, and she is the project of the week. Let's call anything less than fourteen days a "week," okay? Funny, how time flies once school starts! All of a sudden, kiddos have bedtimes and early mornings, homework and football practice, and dress codes and mealtimes. Heehee, the dress codes reference means that laundry becomes a priority because certain clothing favorites "need" to be washed in time to wear to school. Football practices and homework and mealtimes have to work in and around one another. Life is a little less laidback once school starts and Mom goes back to work, ya know?

This school year brought a surprise for my work schedule, though. My work day ends at 12:30, so I have three hours for torching, running errands, etc., before the kids arrive after their school day. So far, as anyone who's ever had the opportunity to be the stay-at-home parent could predict, little errands and crises have claimed lots of those afternoons. Ah, but I have gotten to torch some, too, and it has been wonderful! I finally reorganized my desk and indoor crafts, to boot, and that is starting to make a difference. (By the way, thanks for all the not-so-innocent nudging from my less packrat-y friends... you should be proud.)



5 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Good grief! I didn't mean to post an unfinished blog entry, but since the clock also says it's time for the kids' bus to arrive, I might as well let it be. See ya soon, I hope! Have a terrific evening! Ang

Sharon Driscoll said...

Yeah, back to the torch! Looks good Ang....I so remember all of the those things you are talking about. For us, football, cheerleading, band, and on and on. You gotta love it! There were days I created what I loving call, "The cheap child labor pool." Everyone grabbed a cleaning tool and we conquered the dirt with zest. Then ate ice cream!

Profusion said...

Angela, I love your ladies! They are so alive with motion and character. I am so happy you are torching again :)

rosebud101 said...

Good for you! I'm still proud to own my beadalina's! Cool!

Wedding gift ideas said...

For every artist each creation is a break free though there are fashion trends and ongoing demands that need to be considered...but this is a wonderful project idea.

Sitecounter