Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Solstice Sunlight


Summer solstice sunlight, through a scented oil bottle (and quite possibly, through a little bit of dust on that bottle, oops!), radiating light and warmth.

Dear Sol,
You must feel neglected lately, as you have not felt my admiring gaze at sunrise since I was on vacation at the ocean.  Then, it was easy for me to awake with the first hint of light, even after staying up late to cram in as much ocean time as possible.  Now, we come home from the kids' ballgames, and there is supper to be fixed.  Before I know it, it's ten o'clock, and I haven't been outside again to enjoy the evening breeze and gaze at the stars.  Well, you know that can't be done in only a few minutes!  So, ahem...after I wake up in the lawn chair, there are still baths and bedtimes and stray supper dishes... and you know me, not too functional on 5 1/2 hours of sleep, so I end up missing your early morning arrival.  Today is a good time to start over, don't you think?  I look forward to watching your eastward travels until winter solstice, Soleil.


No comments:

Sitecounter