Monday, June 4, 2012

That's a Lot of Onions!

See that 18-wheeler in front of me on the road? It was loaded that high with sweet onions. That's a LOT of onions!  Can you imagine how many skillets of fried potatoes and onions could be made from that? What about soups, soups of all kinds that just taste better with some cooked onion in the pot? Let's not forget chicken, pork roasts, meatloaf, and possum!
Okay, okay, you got me there. I don't eat possum, but I know people who talk about it. I stared down a possum one night in my mom's garden spot. It was winter, and I followed him with the flashlight-alien-tractor-beam.  I'm not a hunter, and I used to be afraid of the dark. I'm not sure which of us was more concerned about this situation, but I am pretty sure the possum was drooling more than I was.  For all I know, that possum was drooling because it was looking at me and imagining uses for a truckload of onions!
What would you do with an unlimited supply of onions? Weird question...hope it generates some weird but funny answers!
Have a terrific Monday, guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm yummy, onion soup, onions fried with balsamic vinegar til brown and soft - served on top of my veggie burger (which has lots of chopped sweet onions of course), chopped and crunchy on my veggie dog with chilli and mustard, on my sandwich with avocado, in my omelet, oh yeah homemade salsa - a different combination of onions and tomatoes etc each time... oh now I'm hungry for sweet onions...
Melissa

Sitecounter