Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Background Noise

 
Background noise.  Do you require it, or do you like to eliminate it? Is it acceptable if you choose what it is, or do you just tune it out if it is beyond your control?  Do your preferences depend upon your mood?
 
What does the photograph have to do with background noise?  Well, it is one of my works in progress, and deciding to cover part of that delicious red and black spiral with ornate gold patterning involved thinking about the visual version of background noise.  When I melt glass into beads and sculptures, my most powerful pieces are the ones with the simplest lines.  But when I paint, my evolving style seems best when I balance simple lines with lots of textures and "pretty" details. 
 
That's where this painting is headed-- simple yet bold color, with ornate touches that please the eye. 
 
Now, time to head to the day job, one I love as much as creating art.  Hope you each have that kind of balance of good things in your life today!
 
 


5 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Ang, your work is evolving as your muse expands. WOW! is all I can say!

angelinabeadalina said...

Thanks, M :) Hope you have a great holiday weekend!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Looking good Angie... I tune out background noise, TV, music, even people talking to me (ask my husband) if I'm reading or painting.. my entire focus is on what I'm doing... it is something I have always done. I know some people like to play music while they create, I don't. Have a great holiday.
On another note... please consider turning capcha OFF.. the new ones are HORRID and very difficult on these old eyes. I turned it off on my blog about 6 months ago and am getting a lot more comments since I did, and NO SPAM so far.

angelinabeadalina said...

Oops, I guess I've been neglecting the blog long enough that I didn't even know what the difference was when someone mentioned "capcha" the other day. I'll go hunt for that setting and try to change it!

Sharon Driscoll said...

Love the painting progression Ang. and I'm aperson who can not work unless there is noise. I can ignore the noise but never can ignore the quiet because I want to go and investigate what every noise is. Makes sense? Not sure.

Sitecounter