Monday, August 27, 2012

Right Beneath Your Feet...

 
 
"The journey of a thousand li begins beneath one's feet."
--Chinese phrase
 
Who knows how many hundreds of years old that phrase is?  Doesn't matter to me.  I think it is timeless...and totally meant for me, don't ya know!  Yep, I am a procrastinator in search of the perfect outcome, one of those people who overthink the tiny steps and forget to start the actual race.  I need to be reminded to look down at my feet and see where the first step has to begin.
 
The what-if's and the how-do-I-do-that's are important questions to answer when you are painting, same as for when you are making glass beads and sculptures, writing a term paper at the cafeteria table half an hour before class begins, or hunting for that receipt in your purse that you need to take with you to the store in five minutes.  Procrastinators, unite!  Give me an "uh-huh!" or an "amen, sista!"... when you get around to it, but I wouldn't do it yet if I were you, at least not until you think up the perfect words to add to it and make it really clever ;-)
 
This chick is slowly learning to ease up on the procrastination, though.  Painting is helping me along, too.  I discovered I love to paint. I also love to use texture in my paintings. Guess what?  Texture gels need time to dry before you can add more layers on them, or even around them in some cases. Guess what that means? Drum roll, please.
 
 
 
Wait for it.
 
 
 
Bingo! Dingdingding!  We have a winner!  Until you take the first step, put on the first coat of gel or paint, it can't do any drying!  Soooooooo...
You learn to think some, and then put down some paint and gel!
Yep, I'm learning, and I'm having a fun time, one step by one step!
 
Have yourselves a fabulous Monday!  

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Love your work, Ang!! You are learning patience!

angelinabeadalina said...

But not fast enough, dangit...LOL! Thanks for featuring me in your blog today, Mrs. M!

Sitecounter