Saturday, September 8, 2012

I Love a Good Storm


I don't know about you, but I do love a good thunderstorm.  A good thunderstorm has plenty of lightning in the distance, lots of pouring rain, a cool breeze, and of course, ominous cloud formations.  A "good" storm does not, for me, for the record, involve any rotations or damaging hail.  This was a good storm when it passed our way. This was the view from my front porch, looking southeast.  That big blanket of black clouds came from the west and northwest, slowly covering the Earth for the evening.  Buckets of water fell from those clouds, and there were still a few small puddles of rain on the road this morning.
 
Cozy, cozy, cozy!
Ooooh, and the cooler temperatures followed close behind the storm clouds!
 
Wow...all that rain soaked into the ground, and immediately the grass grew another foot!  Okay, I exaggerate.  The grass in our yard was already jungle-ish, and this rain didn't slow it down any.  That's why I'll have to say this post was meant to be short 'n sweet.  We've done the football game this morning, cooked lunch, baked a few cookies for dessert, and now it's time to ride that mower.  See ya! 

No comments:

Sitecounter